Health and P.E
Physical Education/Health Expectations
We are excited about starting a new year. Students will learn ways to be healthy by actively participating in various games and activities in the gym. They will also take part in health classes throughout the year. In order for our program to operate smoothly and effectively, the following rules and regulations are necessary.
- ALL SCHOOL RULES APPLY
- Respect yourself, your teachers, classmates, classroom supplies & equipment
- Come directly to PE/Health once dismissed from previous class
- DO NOT use the bathroom in between classes, without permission
- Be prepared for class: PE (PE uniform, sneakers, deodorant, etc.)
Health (pencil/pen, paper, folder/binder, CHARGED Chromebook, earbuds etc.)
- Jewelry must be removed for PE, with the exception of stud earrings and smart watches.
- Be seated immediately after entering the classroom/gym in YOUR assigned seat.
- Listen when a teacher or a classmate are talking and follow directions.
- When you hear the whistle STOP whatever you are doing, FREEZE and LISTEN for instructions.
- ALWAYS leave the classroom/gym cleaner than you found it
- Students are dismissed by the teacher
- Make up work: It is your responsibility to contact your PE teacher when you are absent
- Students are EXPECTED to wear their PE uniform and sneakers everyday for Physical Education. For hygiene purposes students should bring deodorant. They may also bring a small hand towel, brush, etc. (NO GLASS BOTTLES ALLOWED)
- If a student is to be temporarily excused from PE, a written statement from home must be given to the teacher at the beginning of class. If a student is to be excused for more than 2 days, a written statement from a doctor is required. It must state the reason he/she is unable to participate, for how long and what activities the student can or cannot do. Parents may be called to verify notes.
“Every day is another chance to get stronger; eat better; live healthier: to be the BEST version of
One grade will be given for Physical Education. It will be a combination of Physical Education and Health classes.
Physical Education Grading Rubric-Based on Middle School Grading Policy:
60% Major Works: Ex. Participation, Fitness Tests, Health Tests, Projects, etc.
40% Minor Works: Ex. Fitness Laps, Health Quizzes, Journals, etc.
Participation Grade: All students start with a “100” average. Keeping that grade is based on participation, cooperation, sportsmanship and effort during class. Throughout the year the students will be involved in a variety of sports, games, and fitness activities. Students are EXPECTED to participate in everything to the best of their ability. If a student refuses to participate, they will lose 20 points from their participation grade. An alternate written assignment will be given. Upon completion of the assignment that day, the student will lose 15 points, instead of the 20 points. Students will receive a monthly participation grade.
Fitness Tests: Students will participate in fitness tests once every quarter. Grade is based on how the student demonstrates proficiency & improvement. The lowest grade for performance tests is an 80, UNLESS a student refuses to participate. If that happens, extra points will be deducted from their Fitness Test grade.
Dressing Out Grade: Students are required to wear their uniform and sneakers (they must be able to be tied) everyday when they have PE. A daily grade of 20 points will be given for preparedness, adding up to 100 for their weekly dressing out grade.
10 points will be deducted each day a student forgets their uniform (-5 if missing only part of their uniform)
10 points will be deducted each day a student forgets their sneakers
Behavioral Procedures (Unless extreme)
Offense 1: Verbal Warning
Offense 2: Student/Teacher Conference and Parent Notification
Offense 3: Student/Team Conference and Parent Notification
Offense 4: Parent Notifications and Student Services Referral
Offense 5: Parent Notification and Administrative Conference
Offense 6: Parent Notification, Behavior Chart and Administrative Conference